Thursday, March 19, 2009

The First Post

Howdy folks, theraje here. I'm a lone-wolf game developer, meaning that I develop my own video games - from design, to programming, to media - all by myself. I've been developing games since 1999.

I've been floating around various places which you may be familiar with if you're into game development. I'm a regular at the Game Programming Wiki forums, and have been a part of several other game programming communities. I was once the head of a large community video game project, known as "The Gathering Project," for over a year back in 2001-2002.

Right now, I'm working on a one-man project. The project is currently entitled "Dungeon 3D." Yes, what an exciting name. Don't worry, I plan to change it once I have time to think of a real name. It is a 3D Rogue-like game. Levels are generated on-the-fly and the graphics are 3D. A more-friendly-than-the-typical-Rogue-like user interface is planned, as is an actual story line (with dialogue and cut-scenes). Think of it as Nethack for the Final Fantasy generation.

I will be documenting the development of "Dungeon 3D" of course, as well as giving insights into what it really takes to be a lone-wolf game developer. I plan to update this blog about once a week, if not more often. I will share my experiences with you in the hopes that other developers will learn from my (many, many) mistakes.

So kick back, relax, and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment